Introducing Distance is No Obstacle – Rural Health West’s very own medical education podcast series.
The first batch of podcasts feature:
- Anaesthetists Dr Paul Sadleir, Dr Peter Platt and Dr Russell Clarke from the WA Anaesthetic Drug Reaction Clinic at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital discussing the cause, prevention and management of reactions to anaesthesia drugs.
- Senior Clinical Psychologist with Child and Adolescent Health Service, Ivan Salmin discussing self-harm and suicide among adolescents.
- Dr Alison White, Palliative Care Consultant at Royal Perth Hospital and visiting palliative care physician for the Kimberley region, and Grace Buchanan from Cancer Council WA talk about the challenges and importance of delivering quality end-of-life care in rural settings.
- Paul Dessauer, Outreach Coordinator from Peer-Based Harm Reduction WA talks to us about the association between drug and alcohol misuse and mental health conditions, particularly anxiety and depression.
- Gill Denny, Teleservices Manager and Alison Ilijovski, Credentialed Diabetes Educator from Diabetes WA chat to us about how rural medical practitioners and patients can access diabetes education from their own homes through the Diabetes Telehealth Service.