Opioids and the bigger picture when treating chronic pain – starting October 2019
The current NPS MedicineWise program provides clarity on the role of opioids when supporting patients with chronic non-cancer pain. It covers the latest evidence and offers advice on engaging patients to take an active role in managing pain.
Information and resources covered as part of this educational visit
- Discussion includes the implications of emerging evidence on the management of chronic pain
- Advice on how to engage patients in difficult conversations about opioids and tapering
- Patient resources to improve outcomes for patients using opioids
We now offer educational visits virtually via video call to make it easier for GPs to participate in our visiting programs at a time that suits them.
- Request your preferred time and video call method using the form below
- Educational materials to be discussed in the virtual visit will be sent beforehand
- NPS MedicineWise Educational Visitor will be in contact at an agreed time to participate in a 30-minute virtual visit via video call
- Receive the participation certificate confirming RACGP or ACRRM CPD points.
Visits are accredited for:
2 Category 2 RACGP QI&CPD points
1 Core point in the ACRRM PD Program
Please contact Nicole Humphry at NPS MedicineWise with your details via:
Phone: 08 6272 4921 Fax: 02 9211 7578 Email: BookAVisit@nps.org.au