WACHS has opportunities for experienced GPs/SMPs/DMOs who are interested in helping establish the service delivery for providing palliative care medical support to the regions of WA:
- Southwest (0.4 FTE = 32 hour per fortnight
This position will:
- Support the delivery of a comprehensive palliative care service to the communities in the Southwest as a member of the regional palliative care team
- Work closely with the regional palliative care specialists, Drs Sarah Dunlop & Carolyn Masarei, and regional palliative care team in developing care plans for palliative care patients with complex needs
- Develop capacity in other generalist clinicians in the delivery of palliative care
- Assist in team activities across teaching, supervision and quality improvement.
- Work closely with the Director of Palliative Care WACHS in ensuring the appropriate governance of regional palliative care services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help develop an emerging program within regional WA by joining the regionally based multidisciplinary palliative care team, who deliver patient-centred palliative care to rural patients close to their homes. A team of other regional Palliative Care GP’s and Palliative Care Consultants have been recruited, along with progressing the establishment of the WACHS Palliative Care Telehealth After Hours service.
Whilst initially this is a pilot project to June 2021, it is possible that the positions’ will be created on a permanent basis, and you will be encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for these fantastic opportunities:
- Suitable candidates must have (or be eligible for) registration by the Medical Board of Western Australia, Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate experience working in palliative care and have the ability to work as part of a regional / rural / remote multi-disciplinary team.
If you are interested in joining a team committed to best practice delivery of palliative care, please submit an expression of interest, your CV, and covering letter to WACHSDoctors.Senior@health.wa.gov.au by 4pm 30th October 2020. Any queries about the position may be directed to Dr Kirsten Auret, Director Palliative Care, at Kirsten.Auret@health.wa.gov.au or telephone 0417 981 310