Project Officer - Bunbury - Rural Clinical School of WA
Posted 5 months ago by Sally Mueller
Project Officer – Bunbury
Job no: 507273
Work type: part time
Categories: Administration & Executive support, Student Administration / Support Services
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), fixed-term appointment up until 31 December 2021
- Salary range: Level 6; $83,005 – $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- Based in Bunbury
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
Located in the Bunbury office of the Rural Clinical School of WA (RCSWA), the Project Officer will be the administrative person for the RCSWA covering the Great Southern and South West in the Great Southern/South West Regional Training Hub as part of the Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP). The Project Officer will work closely with the Southern Academic Leads, the Team Leader, Academic Services, academic staff working as part of the three Regional Training Hubs, other relevant academic staff and the Senior Team Leader.
The Rural Clinical School of Western Australia is a unit within the Medical School of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, which provides rural clinical training for WA medical students. The RCSWA spans a breadth of some 3,500kms across multiple sites in WA order to provide a positive rural educational experience, increase the quantity and quality of the rural workforce and in turn improve health outcomes in rural and remote Australia.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under limited direction, work with staff on the Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP) project. You will liaise with staff in order to assist in planning, developing and implementing the project.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to consult with a range of staff
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: Position Description – Project Officer (Rural and Remote Training).pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Please contact Carol Chandler on 0417183209 for any questions regarding this position.
Closing date: 11:55pm AWST on Thursday, 22 July 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the website.