Rural Psychiatry and Mental Health Forum 2021
26 March @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration for the Rural Health West CPD: Rural Psychiatry and Mental Health Forum 2021, being held at Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre on Friday 26 March 2021, is now open!
This forum is part of the WA Country Health Service and Rural Health West Resident Specialist Procedural GP Education Series.
The forum will be limited to 60 participants. The one day Rural Psychiatry and Mental Health Forum 2021, will include lectures, interactive discussions and sessions delivered and facilitated by experienced specialists. The forum will provide an opportunity to network with fellow colleagues.
Travel support is available for currently practising psychologists, psychiatrists and GPs or medical practitioners who work and live in rural and remote WA.
This forum is pending accreditation with RACGP and ACRRM.
Open to all currently practising Psychologists, Psychiatrists and GPs or medical practitioners
Online registration: https://ruralhealthwest.eventsair.com/rpmhf-2021/
Topics included at the forum
- Introduction to the concepts of discussing Goals of Care and Advanced Health Directives
- End of Life Liaison Service; Psychiatrists role across a range of functions (Goals of Care, Advanced Health Directives, Voluntary Assisted Dying)
- Distinguishing between distress, depression and demoralisation
- Existential distress at end of life and meaning-focussed interventions
- How psychiatrists can link in with an integrated palliative care/psychosocial continuum of care inclusive of GPs
- Trans- diagnostic presentations in youth and adults with Eating Disorders
Should you have any enquiries, please contact the Continuing Professional Development Team at email@example.com or 08 6389 4500. Thank you.