- This event has passed.
Standard Mental Health First Aid course – Busselton
23 November @ 8:30 am - 26 November @ 5:00 pm
Monday 23rd November and Thursday 26th November (the course is delivered across two days)
8.45am – 5:00pm each day
Room 3 at Busselton Community Resource Centre
Become a mental health first aider to support friends, family members, colleagues and others.
About 1 in 5 Australian adults experience a common mental illness each year. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training will teach you practical skills to support someone with a mental health problem. Make a real difference to people in your community.
WHY attend a Standard Mental Health First Aid Course?
- Provide help to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis
- Learn the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- Understand what sort of help is shown to be effective
- Help improve mental health literacy within the general population
- Help reduce the stigma of mental illness.
OUTCOMES: A Certificate of Completion is granted following completion of a Feedback survey. Course participants receive a copy of the SMHFA Manual and are eligible to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider. To become accredited Mental Health First Aiders, an On Line assessment needs to be completed after the course. On passing the assessment a Certificate of Accreditation for 3 years as a Mental Health First Aider is provided.