Valuable conversations: Applying TICP and MI to alcohol use during pregnancy
16 March @ 8:00 am - 17 March @ 5:00 pm
Presented by Workforce Development, Mental Health Commission
Bunbury: 16 – 17 March
The Valuable Conversations training covers the following:
• Reflective practice to identify areas of practice that require development for improved client engagement and outcomes.
• Trauma Informed Care and Practice (TICP) to consider the broader context in which alcohol use may be occurring.
• Motivational Interviewing (MI) to develop compassion, acceptance, partnership and evocation (Spirit of MI).
• Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) prevention in the context of the National Strategic Action Plan and a holistic prevention framework.
• Brief Intervention (BI) to combine course content with skills practice using the AUDIT-C and ‘Five As’.
This is not an introductory course to FASD and does not provide information on FASD diagnosis or treatment. Prior FASD knowledge is highly desirable but not compulsory. Please contact Dionne to discuss other learning opportunities prior to this event.
These training events are free-of-charge and catered. For enquiries, please contact Dionne Aitken via email: firstname.lastname@example.org